Saturday, March 18, 2017

Box Part 3

Today... Today comes some good and some not as good.. 

One of my least favourite sets has to be the 1986 Topps set.. It looks like it was 10 years too late in design. To me it's more 70s than 80s. 

That said.. I'm a collector at heart.


This may end up being one of those sets I don't actively collect.
Candy Maldonado as a Dodger. Gene Mauch as Angels manager. Brook Jacoby as an Indian. 


There are some names here I recognize, some I don't. 
Don Mattingly, Rollie Fingers, Ted Simmons, Dan Pasqua, and Joe Carter.


There is a future Jay in Frank Wills and a former Jay in Jorge Orta here. 
Bill Russell namaged the Dodgers for a couple seasons after Tommy Lasorda was done. 
I also recognize Bob Welch and know the names of Tom Herr and Dave LaPoint.


Bruce Hurst and Mike Marshall are the only ones who ring a bell here. 


Now we get a set I want to collect. The Upper Deck Classics set from 2005.. I've seen these come up in CrazieJoe's blog and loved them.. 
There's a nice mix of players here too, with Bob Gibson and Bob Feller, Bill Russell, Billy and Babe Herman..


Another nice batch of players here.


Interesting fact: Early Wynn did radio broadcasts for the Jays from 1977-1980 with Tom Cheek. 

That's it for today.. I think in my next post, I'll post (since I still have a stack of those 2005 UD beauties) the ones that grab my eye so I can take care of some other stuff that came across my doorstep.



1 comment:

  1. Had to she are the....um...."love" of 1986....but more importantly, the 2005 UD Classics which are an awesome set.

    ReplyDelete