Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Paring Down

I think with this reorganization I've been thinking about and slowly attempting I'll be looking at some of the things I have and deciding whether or not I want to keep collecting them.. 

For example: 
I still like the original Diamond Kings cards. I want to collect the ones starting from when they first appeared to 1993. Aside from those, the only ones I'll be collecting are Jays, Expos, and Canadians. 

Others that will likely appear in these posts will be inserts and sets I've decided are more of a pain to try to complete than it's worth. That said, my 1978 Topps will never appear in these because it's my birth year set and I want to complete it.

Anyway, on with the first batch being pared out of my collection. 




The newer Diamond Kings, while I think they're nice, don't have the same impact on me as the originals. 


I did like these inserts, but at the same time, I don't see myself chasing them down, so I'm offering them up. 



Same with these.. I'm not sure, but I think seeing four or five cards per player in this insert set soured me on it. 

As before.. If you see something, let me know. 

8 comments:

  1. 1978 is my birth set, too! Well, kind of. I was born in '77 after the MLB season, so I claim '78 because it has all the 1977 stats on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born just before the season started.. April 1, 1978

      Delete
  2. I would be interested in Asdrubal Cabrera insert card in the one picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paring down is a theme I am probably going to need to run with next year. That said, inserts are something I have no problem collecting without feeling the need to finish an insert set! I know...that kind of thinking is going to work against my paring down process.....ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does work against it..
      I find it easier to get rid of inserts I'm not going to chase than base I'm not going to complete..

      Delete
  4. Just wrote about trimming the fat today on my bucket list post. Maybe one day I'll finally do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those easy to say, difficult to do things.. I mean really.. We're collectors.. We collect things.. lol

      Delete