Monday, May 22, 2017

A Blogging Life Raft from the Minnow

I was sitting here most of the day trying to decide what I wanted to write about.. 
I realize it's been a couple days since I last blogged, so I wanted to get something written. 

Then I remembered the Big Box of Goodies I got from Supporting the Minnow. I grabbed a pile of cards from my collection and added what he had given me from that set.. 

The set? One of the more... Unique.... Sets... 1992 O Pee Chee Premier. 

The reason I say unique? 


Well, we have standard photos like this one, where Dan Gladden is looking out at the field. I don't know if he's squinting or if he's simply confused as to what he's seeing on the field. 



 Many posed photos here, mainly in Spring Training, though many are from games as well. 



 
 Wayne Rosenthal looks unimpressed there, while Bret Barberie is looking like he's trying to pick someone up. 
Doug Jones hanging out in the dugout and Rob Dibble mid pitch. I think that's one of the better photos I've seen. 



Mo Vaughn also looking like he's posing for a dating profile rather than a Major League Baseball mass release card. 











A nice batch of cards nearly completes the set for me. 

To complete the set I only need

82 Bret Saberhagen
112 Dean Palmer
196 Darryl Kile

I also need Jays/Expos to finish those off, but three cards to complete the set!

Oh... And when I was talking about the photography earlier.. This is one of the more infamous cards from the set.

A wonderful view of Mark Whiten's back. 

Anyway, thanks for the idea for the post, T! 

No comments:

Post a Comment