Tuesday, September 1, 2020

That's a Lot of Sportlots

 I did a box shipment from Sportlots. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I didn't quite expect a bunch of envelopes in a box. That said, the way they do their business it makes sense that's the way a box ship would work.. 

Anyway.. Would you like to see what I ordered? Of course you do.. Why else would you be here?


Now.. I didn't scan the 1992 Studio. I'm done the set, though I need one more Joe Carter for my Jays set. 


A lot of World Baseball Classic cards here. I figured why not. 

We have some Matt Maysey here. He's from Hamilton Ontario. He started in the Padres organization, spent time in Montreal, and also pitched for the Brewers. 

My first Adam Stern card. More Matt Maysey here as well. 

Maysey was a Rainbow at one time. 
With the Shea Stadium here, I only need Tiger Stadium to finish the Fields of Yore inserts. I have Ebbets Field sitting in the COMC Purgatory right now. 
Peter Hoy, including an autograph I didn't realize I was buying. Neat! He spent a little bit of 1992 with the Red Sox and that was about it. 

Bob Emslie was a pitcher and an umpire in the early 1900s. He was an umpire in the Merkle game. 
We also have a couple Claude Raymond cards here, including a Topps auto from Heritage. Very happy to have picked that up. 

I have another box shipment getting filled with Sportlots, this time all 1978s.. 

Anyway, that's what I picked up.. A bunch of Canadians. And Studio. 


3 comments:

  1. I love the Team Canada cards, some nice pick-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice assortment of cards. I did the Box once earlier this year and found it frustrating. Took forever. Find making a dozen separately shipped to me card orders far more efficient and I'm not entirely sure I saved more money than I wasted time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in Canada, sometimes the only option is Box.. Some people, in order to deter people from ordering from outside the US, will set their shipping to $99.99
      That's why most of the times my box shipping will show I saved $1K over regular.

      Delete