Saturday, September 26, 2020

2007 Topps Toronto Blue Jays

 Hello again friends!

I haven't been around much lately. Basically with work being back in full swing and some mental/physical issues I'm dealing with I just haven't had the time, energy, or want to write anything for the last week. I'm kind of pushing myself to do this tonight, even.. 


So what am I writing about on this night where I feel I might just throw the verbal pasta at the wall to see what sticks?

2007 Topps.

Specifically, the Jays from 2007 Topps


Now. I've read a number of people who don't like the design from 2007. 

It's one of my favourite sets. Not really one I'm going to actively collect. When it was new I wanted to though. 

I'm going to show a few cards from the 2007 Blue Jays

What show of cards would be complete without showing a Halladay? 
You can see the "TC" patch on Roy's arm for Tom Cheek who had passed in October of 2005. 

Gustavo Chacin was a fast starter, but didn't really translate to longevity. 
The Jays made a Gustavo Chacin cologne as a giveaway because the joke was his name sounded like it could be a cologne. 


Baseball's answer to Don Cherry. 
There were times where people were wondering if Zaun was raiding Don's closet. 

In one of those "This looks weird, man...." 
Frank Thomas as a Jay. 




It's odd to think he was a Jay.. I forget that sometimes.. He ended up being one of those who played for both the Jays and Expos. 

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't collecting in '07, but I really do like that set. I'm kind of surprised to hear that others don't, black borders usually go over pretty well with collectors, so it'd be interesting to know why folks don't care for this design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 2007 was the start of the short print and photoshop stupidity..

      Delete