Monday, July 20, 2020

Another Sportslots Post

So I wanted to go over another order I made through Sportlots just to update some of the problems I came across previously. 


Whatever problems I was having with errors on this screen are gone.. (Thank you for fixing it!) 
Nobody had too incredibly insane shipping. So nobody has set it to "Not Canada" lol 


As with before, this is a lot cheaper to send to the box than it is to directly ship to me. 


The final picture here gives me a better idea.. 
I think the first two orders I made were wonky because of the errors on the first screen.. There is no way otherwise I'd get a $1200 shipping savings. 
BUT.. I also found something else I missed before.. 
There's a radial to toggle "Pending" and "All" for Sportlots Box Calculator. 
Leaving it on "All" will show a cumulative total. Wonky and non-wonky alike. 
By selecting "Pending" It shows me I saved a nice little $45.16 in shipping by boxing it up.. 

I am liking the Sportlots option more now that I'm understanding what's going on. I also love the box ship option. It saves me a boatload of money this way. Yes, it takes longer for the cards to reach my greedy paws, but I can handle that over paying 3-10 times the amount of the cards in shipping costs. 
I can handle the wait and pay the $22 they're quoting me. 

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update on that. I know I did some ranting about it online before. 

2 comments:

  1. For the amount of cards I've purchased on Sportlots the past three months, I probably would have saved a ton on shipping had I used the box option. But my goal has been to complete sets and clear out my desk... which means I want the cards as soon as possible. Maybe I'll look into using the box in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be putting one more order through Sportlots before I request shipping.. Getting a bunch of cards for my Expos Frankenset. I'm almost tempted to make a post here about the cards I want and seeing if people have them for trade

      Delete