Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Nice Oddball

 Well, I'm looking forward to finally getting out of the hospital.. Monday I move my stuff over and Wednesday I move into my new place. Email me or DM me on Twitter if you want my new address..

Today I came across a card I've been meaning to show for a while. It's an interesting card but at the same time, kind of mundane. 


So my oddball is.....
A 1993 Topps Card??
I know you're saying "Mike... That's not an oddball.. Thousands of these things were made. People have been using these things for insulation!

And while that may be true... There is something special about this card..
And the back gives what's special about it... 


It's a porcelain 1993 Topps Joe Carter card! 
I don't remember where I got it from, but as you can see it was "limited" to 5000 copies. 
I'm rather happy with it and it really fits my collection more than the 1982 Topps Cal Ripken porcelain card I have..


7 comments:

  1. Those porcelain cards are cool. I have one of the '54 Topps Gil Hodges. I should look into what else there is ... By the way, I have an extra '81 Coke Terry Puhl for you, so I'll definitely be DMing for your address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent.. I think next post will feature some food issued oddballs from Canada lol

      Delete
  2. There are actually many different porcelain cards out there. I have a few I may show off eventually. I really like them but storing them can be problematic and I'm always afraid of dropping them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Ripken one is in a glove shaped holder and still in the plastic cube. The Carter was in a penny sleeve. I think I got it with other things...

      Delete
  3. I wonder how and where these porcelain cards were distributed. I've never seen the Carter before, but I did pick up a Ripken at the flea market a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Ripken one was purchased through JC Penney. My parents got it for me for Christmas one year.

      Delete