Hello friends!
Sunday was the Peterborough Card Show. Some of the vendors were thinking it might be quiet with it being Labour Day Weekend, but it was fairly busy, both for vendors and for visitors.
The vendors spilled out of the room they usually use and took up residence in the hallway as well.. The only problem was... The way they set up the tables blocked the accessible washroom. I'm usually the only one in a chair, but other people who may need the larger washroom space, so I mentioned it to the organizer and they moved the table so it was away from the door.
"Enough Yammering!" I hear you say... "Show us the cards!"
As you wish, dear reader..
Now, some of the regular vendors were there. The one that's been my main OPC hookup didn't have a chance to grab his OPC due to needing to price and organize for football.. (understandable) But I did find some stuff elsewhere..
First off, one of the cards that still makes people scratch their heads.. .Pete Rose as an Expo. I had fun trying to find this one..
John Sneed. Another early 2000s reliever that was rather forgettable for the Jays.. Though I still love those uniforms..
In my collecting targets, I'm looking to get OPC baseball from 1978 to 1994.. I picked up a few OPC 81 Expos, only finding out later I only really needed a couple for the set/Team collections. The rest go into the Expos Box of Doom!!!
Again, Raines and Dawson 1982. I think the design holds up well for the OPC version.
85s.. Gary Carter while being shown with the Mets label and the Traded info would still weasel his way into my team set since he has the Expos uni on.
Another Timmy!
I got a run of 86 Leaf Expos but most of them are for the EBOD
I apparently am actually collecting 1987 Leaf.. I have over 100 unique cards from it
This one was fun to find too.. Marquis Grissom UD/Denny's Grand Slam. From 93, but talks about his Slam in 91..
I'm guessing the copy I picked up was the blue or purple.. Couldn't really tell either way...
Jordan Romanocheese! It will have one of two homes.. Jays Binder or Canadians Binder.
I didn't realize I had all the Update Jays aside from Alan Roden. So I have dupes.. Jake Bloss was also needed.
2026 Jays. The design is growing on me..
I had a lot of trouble to find this one.. I hate the number of inserts and parallels Topps puts out now..
This is 2026 Topps 1991 Anniversary set Series 2..
And the most annoying to find.. I didn't notice until it was out of the toploader that it was serial numbered.
Bo Naylor, obviously, is Josh Naylor's brother. He's here in a shiny card showing a team he's no longer with..
The next show is November. I'm looking forward to it.
'Box of Doom,' ha, ha.
ReplyDeleteVery nice on the Gary Carter OPC, and all the other ones for that matter.