Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Book Report: Before the Blue Jays

 Hello friends!

I know I've been away from this for a while. I've had, and have, things going on that are sapping my energy and really, will to do much of anything lately. So consider this a proof of life post as well lol


Anyway, I recently finished a book called Before the Blue Jays that talked about baseball in Toronto before 1977. 


It talks about the beginnings of baseball in Toronto, up to the 60s when the Maple Leafs left the city to go to Louisville, KY, then Pawtucket, RI, then Worcester MA...

It's written in a style similar to Danny Gallagher's books about the Expos, where there are short chapters on a particular player or person important to early baseball in Toronto. 
It doesn't go too in depth about the seasons or anything like books I've read about baseball in London or Ottawa, but it is an interesting read. 

I do recommend the book if you're into baseball history or if you're interested about baseball in Toronto before 1977..

Well, I'm going to try to get over the hump and try to write more. I have a couple topics in mind. We'll see how they go.. 

Until next time.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment