Hello friends!
I did something last week that I haven't done in a long time. I bought something out of depression. However, I was able to stop the cycle in its tracks. I've had an issue with buying things before to make me feel better, only for me to feel worse because there were things that money could have gone to to help me survive.. I'd get feeling worse and repeat...
So what did I buy in my depression?
Two things..
One I'm going to show today.. The other, when I sit down and photograph the whole thing..
So today is the 1991 Score Toronto Blue Jays team set, I'm not showing all the cards, but some that I liked..
I like the front of the card.. I think this would have been a better choice for the flagship Score set design in 1991..
The Original Franchise..
Frank Wills. He played from 1983 to 1991. Toronto was his final stop in the Majors.
For some reason, I get this guy and original Jay Mike Willis confused in my head..
Rene Gonzales played for Toronto in one season.. 1991.. He was a typical utility infielder from the era... Not much of a bat and decent with the glove..
Rob Ducey! CanCon! I actually need to find another single of this for my Canadians binder.
Eddie Zosky was the next big thing in Toronto... Until he wasn't. Between injuries and having difficulty in the batters box, he was seen as the future. By 1993, that shine has gone to Alex Gonzalez.
Steve Karsay. He was part of the package that went to Oakland for Rickey Henderson in 1993. His career was littered with injuries..
Ray Giannelli is a name I've heard but never saw a photo of, honestly. He played 18 games in the Majors. 8 for Toronto, 8 for St Louis.
Jerry Schunk. I never heard of this guy until now.. After looking him up, I know why. He was a career minor leaguer. This photo would be from Spring Training.
David Weathers. He started with Toronto. I remember him briefly in Toronto. He was taken in the expansion draft by the Marlins.
His son is currently in the Majors.
Doesn't that look gorgeous? I want to see Toronto get the All Star Game again sometime soon..
So unlike the regular Score sets, this has one season of stats. I do think it's a nice back..
Finally, The Terminator. In a way, his pitching looked effortless.
So yeah, that's the 1991 Score Jays set in a nutshell..













No comments:
Post a Comment