Wednesday, May 17, 2023

1972 OPC

 Some more cards I got from CrazieJoe that was totally unexpected!

1972 O Pee Chee..


Now, this design is undoubtedly 70s. The cinema marquee/disco style lettering for the team names... 

I'm sure other people can describe them better than I can. So how about I show them?

Hey what do you know? Ron Taylor! 
Bateman's last season was 72. He split the year between Montreal and Philadelphia. 

Ron Woods finished his career in Montreal in 1974. 
Ernie McAnally played his MLB career with Montreal, from 1971-1974. 


Manager card! 
Stan Swanson only spent 1971 in the Majors. He was another one who was done at 28 years old. 

Ron Hunt, the human bullseye.. Lead the league in Hit By Pitch for 7 straight seasons including 50 in 1971. (OUCH!!)
Gary Sutherland was on the Astros for the 72 season. Between 1972-1973, he played 21 games in the Majors. In Detroit, he went to 149..

I KNOW WHAT THE FRONT REMINDS ME OF NOW!!!!!


It may be a stretch, but yeah...




4 comments:

  1. Good call on the Sesame Street video, but dang... now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been called the Psychedelic Tombstone set but I really like that call-back to the Sesame Street video. ... And there's nothing better than '72 OPCs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that would be why the song I posted would go through my head sometimes looking at 72 lol.
      I have some 78 OPC to show but that will be next week.

      Delete
  3. I never watched Sesame Street as a kid, and have seen very few clips from before then. That being said, if this video is any sort of indicator, then I think I've been missing out. That animation is really crisp, and that song is catchy as hell!

    ReplyDelete