Saturday, January 7, 2023

Signature Saturdays

 The first Saturday of 2023 is a card I just recently received. 

Kevin Glew from the superb blog Cooperstowners in Canada sent me this card around Christmas. He read my other blog and knows my struggles. Also complimented the fact I was writing to get struggles out there. 

Anyway, he contacted me on Twitter saying he had this card and wanted to know if I wanted it.. 


I apologize for the flash glare. I tried a different method to take the scan/photo and it didn't quite work the way I wanted it to.. 
Anyway, it's a Fan Favorite John Olerud auto.
Olerud went from college to the Majors with the Jays in 1989. We know aboout his massive career year in 1993. I didn't realize he was an All Star exactly twice.. And won three Gold Gloves, all after he was with the Jays. 
He spent exactly three games in the minors near the end of his career while he was with the Red Sox. 
I have to say he has a really nice signature as well. 


2 comments:

  1. That's a really nice card to get via a RAK. I always liked him, and by all accounts, he's pretty good person too.

    ReplyDelete