Saturday, December 10, 2022

Signature Saturdays

 It's another Saturday. It's another day to show an autographed card in my collection. 


It's a rookie Prizm auto of Alejandro Kirk. 
Kirk was an all star this year and also won a Silver Slugger award. He also was the fourth Blue Jays catcher to be selected to an All Star team.. The others are Ernie Whitt, John Buck, and Russell Martin. 
This now has me thinking about an All Time Blue Jays All Star Team.. 
I can't recall if I've ever done that. Maybe "Best at each position" deal, but I'd do up a full roster of just players who made the All Star team as a Jay..

Anyway.. 


2 comments:

  1. One more good year and Kirk is probably their best catcher ever? The others were ok in their short time (or average for a ong time like Whitt). What do you think about Alejandro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he could end up being a pretty good player. Hitting he reminds me of a Jason Kendall type. Running the bases more like one of the Fabulous Catching Molina Brothers, but still not bad comparisons..
      It's definitely odd to see a homegrown Jays catcher doing well though.. The only other ones I can think of were Borders and Myers

      Delete