Friday, June 1, 2018

Trying to Get Caught Up

Well.. 

I'm sure some people will know I've been having issues with anxiety and depression. 

Lately I've been overwhelmed with things (again... Still... Perpetually....) and haven't felt like writing.. I've barely been on my computer at all this last month or so.. 

Now we're into the last month of school, meaning I'll be busier.. I don't mind that at all, really.. Money is nice.. But I may still be sporadic on here. 

I know it's all been said before and everything but stepping back from updating was necessary.. Now I need to get things organized.. Both for my normal collections and the Million Expos Project.. 

I do plan on having a post about it soon too..


Anyway.. 

I wanted to show a couple cards I liked that I got in a repack I bought a couple weeks ago.


This is a Metal Universe card.. I have to admit it scans horribly.. I tried both with the lid down and the lid up and they were both very dark and hard to see..

It's from a thing called "Hardball Galaxy" and is Larry Walker. 




Yep... Highlighting minor league cards...

I don't know why but I just love minor league cards. I think seeing guys who made the majors before they made it as well as the guys who never got anywhere is interesting to me. 
Plus, some of the older cards allow me to see what the uniforms looked like so if I need/want to recreate them for Out of the Park Baseball.. 

Incidentally, for the Million Expos project... If you have a team you collect and would like to help me out, let me know.. We might be able to work something out.. Also.. I live in Canada.. Had a couple people agree then pull out after they realized I'm in Canada.. So... There is that.. lol 



8 comments:

  1. Hey Mike, what is your user name at TCDB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards in the repack, Mike. Hope you're able to find a good, happy medium place where you can keep the anxiety and depression in check and not feel so overwhelmed with cards and life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would certainly be nice... I'm seriously thinking about taking part of the summer off to relax and get myself in a better place mentally.

      Delete
  3. I've had my battles with anxiety (and to a certain extent depression) and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never fun..
      I hope they do as well.. For the past couple weeks I've been to the point where I just sit and stare when I get home from work.

      Delete
    2. That's terrible to hear. I realize people cope in different ways. One of the things I do is listen to sports card podcasts and walk around my neighborhood. It helps me take my mind off of things, while getting some fresh air.

      Delete
    3. Walking tends to force me to think about things.. lol I used to go for walks and generally would get more upset until I was done.. I'm just weird... lol

      Delete