Thursday, October 27, 2022

Cards From a Trade

 So today I want to show a few cards I got as a result of a couple trades from a member on TCDB. 

That member is Mccammon44.




I just realized that I mixed in another trade as well. Three cards are from Reiss on TCDB. 
Anyway.. I have a Leaf 87, an OPC 87, a Freddie Freeman and a Freddie Benavides for the 92 Ultra set. 
Next some 93 Triple Play.. Love those cards more than 92.. Never saw many of them. I think the 93 and 94 sets were better than the 92.. But the 92 is still miles ahead of the Panini Triple Play hot garbage. 

Finally.. A Wil Cordero Expos card.

I have a bit of a morbid topic as well. Collectors.. .
What will you do with your collection when you pass on? Do you have kids/grandkids who will take up the mantle? Or are you like me with nobody to hand them off to? 
My counselor and I got to talking about it today during our session. It's something that hadn't crossed my mind, even with my near death experience. So, I'm interested to hear from the community..



3 comments:

  1. I think with my collection, if the kids have no interest - some I will pro baby ask be gifted to other collectors I've met, some they can sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fair. I'm thinking of doing something similar, though it might end up being send the majority to charity.. If I know someone who would appreciate certain parts, I'd make sure they got them..

      Delete
  2. My brother collects. Maybe him. My kids don't at this point, well, one has thousands of Magic cards. Another has a few hundred cards but never looks at them at this point. I think that as time goes by I too will look for a younger local collector to give them to. Maybe through TCDB. But not for 20 years!

    ReplyDelete