Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Some Cards Came in

 Well, I'm back in the hospital. Will likely be for another month or so. I will need to go through rehab again. But that's not what I want to talk about today.


No today I want to talk about a three card package that came in from one of the authors of the George Gibson book I covered a while back, Richard Armstrong. 

We connected originally over 1994 Collector's Choice. He was working on getting the base, Silver Sig, and Gold Sig sets. I had some base and silver to send him and we've been in touch since. 


When he found out I was back in the hospital, he sent out a little "get better soon" package


First is a Larry Walker from that 94 set. This is an extra but definitely counts to the million Expos.
I think this would be a great one to get signed as well. 

Next, a 1934 Frank O'Rourke. Isn't it a nice card? He's listed as a member of the Montreal Royals here.

Finally.. This beauty.. It's in rough shape, but if you were over 100 years old I defy you to be in perfect condition. 
Russell Ford, emery ball pitcher for the Yankees. This is a Sovereign back variation. This is a card I honestly never thought I'd own. Really, any cards from that era I never thought I'd own.. 

Thank you Richard!


10 comments:

  1. Very nice "get better soon" package, I'm impressed. We're wishing a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Good for Richard!

    I need to figure out exactly what he's collecting. I've been wanting to send him some cards for awhile.

    Rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Part of why I love the community is support from fellow bloggers and readers

      Delete
  3. The cards are amazing! I have a small batch of Expos to send your way at some point. Sorry to hear you are back in the hospital, but hope the health issues get better for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Those are some very nice cards. Very nice of your friend to send you those cards. And sorry to hear you're back in the hospital. Hope you're comfortable and you're able to get out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll likely be another month to 6 weeks. After I get more standing exercises done here, down to rehab for walking, strength, and stairs

      Delete
  5. I saw that. Has both French and English. Just need to get the Goudey one now lol
    I'm glad you enjoyed that line. I'm really happy to have gotten that card

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. You were supposed to be done with the hospital. I guess you just couldn't leave those nurses alone, huh?

    B. Richard is awesome, and so are those cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was home for a month. Developed cellulitis in my torso. Then got very weak and dizzy, so figured best to come back.
      Lol the nurses I remember more are on the rehab floor.
      He and the cards are awesome for sure.

      Delete