Monday, April 6, 2020

A COMC Birthday Post

So as I mentioned on my birthday post, I made a COMC purchase, and it was delayed.. Well, I got it today. 

Would you like to see what I bought myself? (Of course you do.. Why are you here otherwise, amiright?) 


1st. 1949 Remar Bread Oakland Oaks Ralph Buxton. 
Buxton was born in Weyburn Saskatchewan. 
He played in the Majors with the Philadelphia A's and the New York Yankees. 


2nd. 1952 Parkhurst Frostade International League Bob Alexander
That's how COMC labelled this one.. 
Bob Alexander was born in Vancouver BC
He played in the Majors for Baltimore and Cleveland. 


3rd. 1940 Playball Joe Krakauskas
He was born in Montreal, Quebec. 
He played in the Majors for Washington and Cleveland. 


4th. 1991 Conlon Collection Joe Krakauskas
From what the back of the card mentions, he was the last pitcher to give up a hit to Joe DiMaggio during his hitting streak. 

So.. That's what I was waiting for. What do you think? 

4 comments:

  1. Always nice to have some really old cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice COMC haul. That 1940 Playball card is awesome! And I've always wanted to buy one of those Oakland Oaks jerseys from Ebbets Field Flannels. Great looking jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ralph Buxton card looks fantastic. And Joe Krakauskas is such an awesome name. Nice pickups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Mike! These are excellent treats for yourself. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete