Thursday, October 17, 2024

1989 Topps Traded

 Hello Friends!


As usual, I apologize for the time between posts. I'm dealing with mental and physical issues and likely will for the rest of my life. I need to get a different chair for my computer. My current one causes my leg to go numb after 10-20 minutes sitting unless I have a towel rolled up on the edge.. Then my foot just hurts lol


Recently my cousin and uncle sent another care package from Windsor. Or I guess, South Detroit ;P

To go with the usual things like laundry detergent pods, drink crystals, cleaning wipes and snacks, I got cards. Jays, Expos, and some others. 

In taking a look through, a couple cards caught my eye.. They were all from 1989 Topps Traded (I do need to get the full set) 


Ahhh Junior Felix.. Born in the era of never knowing the true age of your prospects due to document altering to change ages... 
He could have been 23.. He could have been 33.. Who knows? 


Cito Gaston. I don't know what it is about this card, but it almost looks like the face is painted rather than a photograph. 
Incidentally, Cito is returning to Toronto, but as an advisor to Rob Butler of the IBL Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm thinking about asking Butler, since he's returned to the land of the Twit, if I can send a card to him to get signed for my Canadians project.. I also need to ask Scott Richmond.. 


Mark Langston as an Expo. The rental of Langston only cost the 'Spos some kids named Randy Johnson and Brian Holman. I know it's blurry, but it looks like Langston's shown pitching at the Stick... 


Good ol' Al Leiter.. Spent most of his Blue Jays career fighting blister issues.. Did much better elsewhere.. 


This Spike Owen looks odd to me.. I don't know if it's been airbrushed or not. The sleeves are a weird colour, the pants are showing for road, and I don't know if they wore the red tops in games.. The wall colour also makes me think Kingdome.. 


Finally, Alex Sanchez. Another one that looks more painted than photographed. This one could simply be either from Spring Training, or an airbrush of the Chiefs uni. I don't know. It's more the cap than anything that's throwing me off.. 

Obviously, I got more than just those. I got some OPC and a bunch of junk wax era. Especially for the Expos, I don't mind.. 



1 comment: