Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Sportlots vs COMC

 Hello friends!

Today, as well as showing off a Sportlots order I received a couple days ago, I want to compare COMC and SL for people in Canada.


My order was Canadians heavy, with three Scott Richmond cards (all the same card) a Joe Siddall card, a Dave Pagan card I may already have, and a Dave McKay 1981 Topps that is autographed. 

My phone ic charging at the moment, so I'll show the McKay another day..


A Dave Pagain rookie card that, according to TCDB, I already own.. .Oops


Scott Richmond. This card is HARD to find.. I'm glad I was able to find three copies from three different sellers on Sportlots, all for 20 cents each.


The Joe Siddall was another 20 cent card.. The McKay set me back a dollar.. 

So, here's the difference for Canadians, and really, anyone who uses the two.. 

Sportlots, you either pay for shipping once, or you pay for shipping twice.. For orders to Canada, the shipping individual sellers charge is insane.. So your only option is box shipping. 
With COMC, while the individual card prices can make you wonder what the seller is on, and if they're sharing.... You pay for shipping once. 

I haven't priced out what this order would have cost me on COMC, since they have no Richmond for sale, but I feel the order would have been more through COMC. 

Anyway, next blog post will show my shiny Dave McKay auto.. 




4 comments:

  1. Yeah if I lived in Canada it'd be box shipping every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use both sites. Sportlots comes in handy when I need commons to complete sets... or I am hunting cheap singles. My only issue with their box shipping is when sellers don't include a copy of the order and I have to go back and try to figure out if they sent me everything. The good news is most seller sent a list of the cards for easy reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes sense. That's mostly my idea for Sportlots.

      Delete
  3. For sure box shipping is 95% the best way for Canadians purchasing from sportlots. Every now and then I find a Canadian seller or if there's just a single card from an American seller I'll suck it up and pay the 3-4 shipping.

    ReplyDelete