Thursday, February 15, 2024

First Attempt

 Hello Friends!

Well, I've had ideas bouncing around in my head for a while. One of those was to create a set of Stadium custom cards. 

Tonight was my first attempt. I just created the front.. I'm likely going to go back and do another try later 


But... Here it is



I borrowed the bottom design from a Stuart Bakery Expos set. Since it was vertical, I had to rearrange the lines and logo to a horizontal configuration. I'm not 100% sold on the font and debating on if I take another kick at the can, to actually put the logo on, rather than have it as part of the background. And maybe have a bit of a border around the picture.. 

So, dear readers.. What say you? I'm also thinking about what to create for the back of the card. 


10 comments:

  1. I like it - a good first attempt! Being a stats lover, I don't know if you go with team records on the back, list of team all time leaders, or you could do a franchise history summary write up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking a little write up.
      Mention the pool out in right. The original splashdown park lol

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea. Maybe you could add one of those little graphics with the park dimensions? Like this: http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/JarryPark.html

      Delete
  2. I think the photo looks great without a border...the font could use some kind of spacing between Park and Montreal to my eye. As an Expo fan...I think a booklet on the back to extol the virtues of the greatest team ever wouldn't be overkill... but because it is a stadium card, perhaps specifics of the stadium like first game or first homerun or dimensions and capacity etc would be better than a "team theme".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, luckily for us, we have Dan Gallagher around to write about the Expos.
      I was planning on putting maybe the dimensions and a short writeup.
      I think the front might work better on two lines. Jarry Park with Montreal Quebec under it..

      Delete
  3. Great job. I love cards featuring stadiums. Maybe dimensions and interesting facts on the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. Dimensions, Years active, and a couple interesting facts.
      Generally it seems like small tweaks rather than a big re-do might be in order..

      Delete
  4. So far so good, I'd say! Recognized the Stuart design right away. Perhaps a border on the front? Not sure if everything would need to scale down though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make a couple versions with a border. They're in a newer post

      Delete
  5. This design would work really well for a postcard too.

    ReplyDelete