Sunday, July 9, 2023

Signature Sundays - July 9

 Hello Friends!

It's Sunday. Technically this is the second post I've done today since my stadium post launched after midnight.. (oops) but I digress..


Today's card puts another check in my "Canadian Player Autograph Card" collection/project.. 



Love those Marlins uniforms, though I love the original teal even more. 
He played for the Marlins, Reds, Rangers, Cubs, and Red Sox.
After retiring, he went into the Cubs' front office, pitched for Canada in the 2017 WBC, and started broadcasting Cubs games. 

Fun fact.. He was originally drafted by the Rangers, but was traded with Rick Helling to the Marlins for John Burkett.
He was born in Gibsons BC, which was also the setting of a long running Canadian series, The Beachcombers. 


6 comments:

  1. Do you know if there are any relic cards from the Beachcombers (you'd have to be Canadian to get that one)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I recall. I don't even think there were cards made for the show due to Canadian...

      Delete
  2. Relics;)
    Another great Canadian player there Mike! Besides Walker, any other Canadians you are actively trying to get an auto of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk McCaskill. Kevin Reimer. Rob Butler (though he now follows me on Twitter so I may ask) Larry Walker. Dave McKay. Most of current players

      Delete
  3. Two posts in one day? I don't think that I've ever done that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I started one at 11:30pm and finished around 1am.. Then did the next one during the day lol

      Delete