Thursday, February 23, 2023

A New Stadium Card

 I received a card in the mail today that I'm rather happy to receive. 

I took part in a stack sale by custom card creator Roselle Avenue. There were a couple stadium cards but when I got to them, only one was remaining. So I grabbed it.



It's of Forbes Field. I know a lot of custom creators like to make cards of players to fill voids by Topps. I'd love to make a series of stadium cards. 
I've already talked about getting an Exhibition Stadium Opening Day 1977 done.. My next thought is a Jarry Park card. Eventually, I'd love to be able to get/create as many stadium cards as possible. 

I think the only thing I'd do differently is this..


I'd want to put some info on the back like teams, World Series, All Star Games, and any little quirks. 
Still, I'm very happy with this card. 




5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the back. Even adding a date of creation would be great. The front looks terrific though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't familiar with Roselle Avenue customs... but looked them up. Some really nice cards... but their prices are a little too high for my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front is really nice but yeah they could have put some effort in the card back. I've never seen a 'real' Forbes Field card. I had to get creative and use a Bill Mazeroski single for my All-Time Teams set.

    ReplyDelete