Saturday, September 15, 2018

Trying to be Clever Sometimes Just Doesn't Work

As hard as I tried to come up with a clever title today.. It didn't work.. 

So I'm just going to get into it.. lol

Julie from A Cracked Bat reached out to me on Twitter asking for my address because she had some Expos to send me. Because of that wonderful imaginary line that is the border, trades can be trying at times. 

Anyway, she said she was going to send three PWEs to me. So far, I've received two of the three.. Oddly enough, I received the second before the first.. 

So... What was in those wonderful envelopes? 



I love the 1994 Triple Play. I think 1993 and 1994 were my favourite designs, but I just never had a chance to get either of them.. That said, I would like to find the set for both now.. 

I didn't notice it until now, but that first photo has three cards of players signing something. Dave Martinez, Cliff Floyd, and John Wetteland. 


You can tell the Skybox cards were put out by Fleer at this point, since the Fleer set from that year looks almost identical. 
Love those Donruss Press Proofs too.. 


A couple shinies here with Gridzielanek and Barrett. 


Finally.. I showed this card on my Twitter feed. I'm a sucker for minor league cards. This is amazing. It's a 1990 Best and really for a 1990 card, it's just amazing.. Love it. Full card photo. The Jacksonville Expos logo on the hat..

I'm looking forward to the third one to grace my doorstep sometime over the week.. Thank you Julie! I hope to be able to put something together for you. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm haven't dove into the world of TTM's, but I gotta admit the 1990 Best minor league design would look great signed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree..

      I haven't yet either, though that wonderful imaginary line has something to do with it too.. lol

      Delete
  2. the minor league card presents well. the Expos had such great color. It still a shame they are no more. i have a large stash but wanting to send cards to you meant sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete