Sunday, March 17, 2024

2024 Topps

 Hello Friends!


Yes, I know I'm very late to the party of talking about 2024 Topps. I didn't want to say anything until I had some in my grubby little paws.. 

Thanks to Cardsoncards, AKA Kerry, I have some 2024 Topps now. 

It started out him having some cards he wanted to get rid of, and mentioned Tyler O'Neill. Well, being a collector of Canadian born players, I jumped at the chance to widen my collection of his considerably. It also came at a time where I'm dreading the task of going through my collection to ensure what it says I have on TCDB is actually in my collection. I also know there's a considerable amount not there.. 

Anyway.. Here are the 2024s I got



Josh Naylor. One of two Naylors on the Guardians. Josh's brother Bo is a teammate of his. Their younger brother was drafted by the Oak Vegas A's 


Joey Votto! In what could be one of his final Topps cards (Let's see how many sets they cram him into this year) he's currently in the Jays camp. He doesn't expect to be with the team when they go north, but does hope to make it to Toronto this season. 


Cavan Biggio. 
So we have a horizontal card and I don't hate it. I feel that in the not so distant past, Topps would have cropped it so close that Biggio's arm and the baseball wouldn't be visible.

One sign that baseball is back.. Spring-er has sprung!
I do like the design this year. Do I like it enough to try to collect the set? I don't know. If I do I would be sacrificing some other sets I haven't really been overly enthused about. 


Jordan Romano! The Cheese Man. Again I think the horizontal orientation works best for this one. 

The Bouncing Boys in Blue Jays Blue..

Hey look! It's Tyler O'Neill.. 
It'll be interesting to see how he does in Boston this year. It'll also be interesting to see if he stays healthy this year.

I like this card though I think I need to do some reading up on Spencer to see who he is.. 
I just hope his homerun celebration isn't the Barry Horowitz self-back-pat....

Ah here's Bo Naylor. 



Finally two more Jays with Kevin Gausman and Danny Jansen. 

The cards are really nice. I think tomorrow I'll be going through mt plan to set up the computer in the card room and go from there. 




3 comments:

  1. Nice start. If you decide to go for the set i have a very few i would gladly send.i like the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish my computer was in the card room ... I could make it happen but there are logistic issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logistics issues always suck. As it stands, I'm using my laptop in the hallway near my bathroom. I just have a small rolling table for it so trying to do anything card related would be time consuming.

      Delete