Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Adventures in Bus Driving: School Route Edition

As my normal duties as a school bus driver, I have a regular route that goes out of a village named Douro. 

In Douro was a General Store. PG Towns and Sons General Store had been in business for 124 years. It closed Labour Day weekend. 

I had gone in a few times before my afternoon runs in May and June and enjoyed the experience.




This is the exterior. Under the Canadian flag is a sign saying "Welcome to Douro"

(If you want to read more about this store, a link is here.

To tie this into a baseball card blog, the obligatory wallet card 



This is the church across the street from the store and across another street from the school I drive out of. 

The plaque for the church. 

I really don't know how interesting these are for anyone else, but I want to show off a bit of Peterborough city and county in my own way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment